- 16.1H Grey Holsteiner Mare
- Registration Number 242101118599
- Oneida (Lydia) was awarded Premium Gold status by RPSI and has given us many lovely foals:
- Aladdin (Adonis/Riverman/Calimero I), born 2009, was also awarded Premium Gold Status, and received and 'overall 8' score.
- Leah (Lehnsritter/Riverman/Calimero I), born 2007, is now owned by Erin S. of PA.
- Rwensori K, (Regazzoni/Riverman/Calimero I), born 2010, is an elegant grey filly with legs that go on forever.
- Rapunzel, (Regazzoni/Riverman/Calimero I), born 2011, has movement to spare and personality galore.
- Aurora, (Adonis/Riverman/Calimero I), born 2013, this elegant filly is sure to turn heads.
- Rowland (Romancero H/Riverman/Calimero I), brown colt, born May 8, 2014.
- Photo by: A&A Photography
Oneida - Pedigree
211101 1193 90
242302 1057 90
A true athlete in every sense of the work, Riverman impresses not only by his own athletic versatility, but also by that of his offspring. He is unique in that he currently has offspring actively competing at high-levels in eventing, show jumping, dressage, hunters, and combined driving.
Riverman earned his place in the German FN's 2000 statistics as one of the top sires of his generation. Riverman stood 2nd in the FN's Jumping Index and 3rd in the Overall Index for stallions of his age group, due to the success of his offspring in both dressage and jumping competition. Approved sons Reno, Royal Appearance, and Rhett Butler have all been actively campaigned on the show jumping circuit and Reno has just made a successful move up to Gran Prix competition in 2006.
In the dressage arena, Riviera and River Boy were 10th and 15th respectively in the USDF Horse of the Year standings for Fourth Level, and River Run Roscoe is competing at the FEI level in CDIs. Another approved son, Rivano, is a consistent winner on the A-level hunter circuit displaying his sire's lovely jump and light movement.
Numerous offspring of Riverman's, including R'Star, Roanoke, and Rohobeth, are successful Preliminary level and above eventers. Their speed, boldness, scope, and beautiful movement create an almost unbeatable package. Natasha Grigg's grey pair of Rivermans are applying those same skills to combined driving at the FEI Advanced Level with Larry Poulin and have high hopes of representing the US internationally this season.
Not only are Riverman offspring athletes, they share their sire's beautiful type as well. Countless premium awards, breed show championships, and Champion Mare results belong to Riverman offspring. Riverman’s title of "Top Model" of his inspection transfers down to his offspring; you can readily pick a Riverman out in a crowd.
Riverman's pedigree offers access to many of the top bloodlines successful in international sport. His sire Redfort is by Rebel Z, the full brother to Ratina Z, the 1992 Silver medalist in Show Jumping and the highest ranked mare in the WBFSH International Breeders' Guide for 1999/2000. The influence of Alme (sire of Argentina Z, the dam of Rebel Z) adds an interesting dimension to Riverman's pedigree. Riverman bears the world proven influence of Landego, Calypso II, Landgraf I, and Cor de la Bryere; Holsteiner legends living out a new legacy in the modern stallion.
Riverman's athleticism has defining qualities that set him apart from many stallions. His clearly suspended and elevated movement has tremendous fluidity and is naturally supple. His powerful gaits are generated from an active hind end that moves with a quality of flexion and engagement that is not often found. He naturally offers the collected movements required in FEI dressage and easily takes flight in the extended movements or over jumps. His athleticism and a beautiful type are what he consistently offers to his mares.